Road closures during the glacier marathon:
- Please not that there will bee road closure for Halfmarathon Start at Restaurant Gasthof Liesele Sonne, St. Leonhard, there will be a divertation trough Gschwandt.
- Please note that there will be road closures in place due to Run & Fun and 5,5 km events starting at the civic centre in Wenns all the way to Gasthof Pitztalerhof / turn off L17 Piller road between 9:45 am and 12:00 am. Due to this closure of the forecourt of Wenns civic centre of L16 Pitztal road it is also necessary to divert traffic into the valley starting from Arzl/ L243 turnoff via the Jerzens road.
- The traffic from the L 17 Piller road as well as the “remaining traffic” from the L 16 Pitztal road is diverted via Wenns-Oberdorf and the municipal road “Boarli” back to the L 16 Pitztal road and subsequently for the vehicles driving out of the valley via the L 243 Jerzener road to Arzl i.P..
- For outbound traffic, the L 16 Pitztal road from Gasthof Pitztaler Hof to Arzl/intersection with the L 243 will be closed from 09:45 am to 11:00 am. The “public bus” is excluded from this closure.
- Should it be necessary, short-term traffic stops are to be carried out in the local area of Arzl i. P. on the L 16 Pitztal road, in the area of the intersection with the L 243 Jerzener road by police organs and/or trained and educated organs of the fire department.