Everyone runs for themselves, but for a common cause!
To make you feel the glacier marathon feeling in spite of the corona crisis, you will run your distance in your home town and will be rated “á la” glacier marathon.
- Each participant runs with his GPS sports watch the desired distance: 42, 195 km / 21,1 km / 11, 2 km
- By means of GPS data announcement immediately after the run to us (screenshot of Sport watch, time, distance, Name, startnumber), you will be rated in the appropriate age groups – the number of kilometers will be checked and the fastest time counts, the altitude meters do not matter!
- Highlight: We also run for a good cause – we donate the proceeds of the event to “Rotes Kreuz Tirol – Imst”
- The entire program of the glacier marathon will be a special experience for you online.
The registration is done as usual via the registration page of race result Austria >>click here to register
– Already registered participants are automatically registered for the “virtual glacier marathon” on 05th July 2020.
In case of non-participation please kindly cancel your registration and the starting fee will be refunded (less handling fee) or you can get also a voucher for 2021.
– The entry fee for the “ewtas Other Glacier Marathon” is the same as for the original Glacier Marathon:
€ 50,- Marathon / € 45,- Half-Marathon / € 30,- Run & Fun
– Digital Glacier Marathon start number to print out yourself
– € 5,- voucher code for the Glacier Marathon registration on 04. July 2021
– Online certificate
– The overall winners in every distance will receive a free start for 2021
– Competition: You can win 1 of 3 Pitztal-Goodie packages at the award ceremony
– Your starting fee will be donated to “Rotes Kreuz Tirol – Imst”
Friday, 03rd July 2020 – start number pick up
– You will receive a newsletter with your personal starting number to print out yourself, as well as further program information and a great pasta recipe for the pasta party the next day.
Saturday, 04th July 2020 – Pasta Party
– 3:00 pm we present you via a video on Facebook/YouTube the favourite pasta recipe of our restaurant manager of the Hochzeigerbahn – Benedikt Lederle – to recook and provide you with the last important information about the competition
Sunday, 05th July 2020 – the competition
-starting time for all: 08:00 am for Marathon / 10:00 am for Halfmarathon and Run & Fun
– distances: Marathon 42,195 KM / Half-Marathon 21,1 KM / Run & Fun 11,2 KM
– Score: The number of kilometers and the time run will be scored.
– With how many meters of altitude up/down you run is up to the participant and will not be included in the score. Don´t Forget! – It’s all about fun and about the good cause!
-participants send us their GPS data with the following information immediately after the run: screenshot of your data from sport watch, name, distance & running time to email@example.com
-During the run we are of course happy about live-postings of the participants on the track
-we will cheer you on via Facebook & Instagram of course.
Sunday, 05th July 2020 – Award ceremony
-05:00 pm virtual award ceremony via zoom-live-conference and live broadcast on Facebook
– The fastest in each distance will be announced (men & women – Marathon/Halfmarathon/Run & Fun)
– Competition: You can win 1 of 3 Pitztal-Goodiebags
We’d be delighted to have you join us!